The Centre for Personal and Management follow the Ethical Code of the Association for Coaching
AC Code of Ethics and Good Practice
The Association for Coaching is committed to maintaining and promoting excellence in coaching practice. It therefore expects all members, whether coaches or coaching supervisors, to adhere to the essential elements of ethical, competent and effective practice as set out in this Code of Ethics and Good Practice. Please note: ‘Client’ refers to anyone receiving coaching or coaching supervision from you.
1. You will have qualifications, skills and experience appropriate to the needs of your Client. If not, you should refer your Client to those who do, such as more experienced coaches, coaching supervisors, counsellors, psychotherapists or others offering specialist services.
2. You will be fit and healthy enough to practise. If not, you should stop until you are and, if necessary, your Clients should be offered alternative support.
3. You will have professional indemnity insurance adequate to cover your coaching and/or coaching supervision practice. Maintaining Good Practice
4. You will always act in a manner that shows respect for people and organisations, and enhances the reputation of the coaching profession. Any claims you make about coaching or coaching supervision will be honest and reflect current knowledge and understanding.
5. You will be sensitive to issues of culture, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, race and all other aspects of diversity.
6. You will monitor the quality of your work through feedback from Clients and other appropriate professionals.
7. You will complete each year at least 30 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) in the theory and practice of coaching. For coaching supervisors, there shall be an additional 10 hours of Coaching Supervisor specific CPD per year. This is a condition of continued AC Membership and individual coach or coaching supervisor accreditation.
8. Both coaches and coaching supervisors will regularly reflect on their practice and development with a suitably qualified and experienced coaching supervisor.
9. A Client may need levels of psychological support you are not competent to provide. If so, the Client should be referred to an appropriate source of care, such as the Client's GP, a counsellor, psychotherapist, or another appropriate service or agency. Contracting
10. You will explain and make explicit your commitment to abide by this Code of Ethics and Good Practice.
11. Before starting work with a Client, you will ensure that they know and fully understand the nature of and terms and conditions of any coaching or coaching supervision contract, including session cost and frequency. You will be open about the methods you use, and be ready to supply your Client with information about the processes involved on request.
12. You will consider the impact on your Client of any relationships you have with other clients and sponsoring organisations, and discuss any potential conflict of interest with those who might be affected.
13. While confidentiality will be an essential aspect of your commitment to Clients, your contract will make clear that if evidence of illegal activity or the potential for harm to the Client or others is disclosed during the engagement, you may have to inform the appropriate authorities. If possible and appropriate, this should be done with the Client’s consent and permission. If the Client is a child or vulnerable adult, arrangements should be made with their sponsors to ensure a level of confidentiality in the best interests of that person while working within current legislation.
14. You will respect the Client's right to terminate the engagement at any point in the process. Statutory and Legal Duties
15. You will keep up to date and comply with statutory or legal requirements that affect your work.
16. In particular, you will be aware of and comply with legislation related to working with children or vulnerable adults, including the need for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting.
17. You will keep appropriate and accurate records of your work with Clients and ensure they remain confidential, are stored securely, and comply with the Data Protection Act.
http://www.healthprose.org is a unique online pharmacy for prescription drugs produced by top-class pharmaceutical companies. Cost of prescription medication is comparatively cheaper than other online pharmacies. Extraordinary packaging that is fool-proof in nature. Big discounts are applicable all through the year. Safety and security of shipment guaranteed. Speed delivery.Scroll